Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sweet, Orr & Co. Factory Workers Cabinet Photo

Courtesy of GM collection

The other day my friend at work came in and said he had something I should post on the blog. He then proceeded to hand me this incredible cabinet photo showing women at their sewing stations inside the Sweet, Orr & Co. factory. There's no date on the piece, but it's easily from the late 1890s or early 1900s. The name Clara Hanlin is written on the front of the piece. A quick search online produced no results to help me identify this woman. There's writing on the back, but it's pretty difficult to make out what it says. Check out the Stifel Indigo Cloth in the bottom right-hand corner.

Courtesy of GM collection

1 comment:

  1. A lot of thanks for all of your hard work on this website. Kate really loves doing investigation and it's really obvious why. My spouse and i hear all of the dynamic tactic you render insightful items via this blog and as well attract response from other people on the point and my simple princess is truly learning a lot. Enjoy the rest of the year. You have been performing a terrific job.
    Emerson GF827 DVD Karaoke Player

    ReplyDelete